Hey Elance, we want our money back!

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

petermore -- provider we were cheated by

Elance provides a platform for clients and service providers to communicate with each other. Somewhat similar to a message board.
Below is our communication thread with the provider, petermor from the moment we noticed their bid to the moment we lost contact with them... Hello Peter... are you there?


The thread arranged from most recent message to the oldest.

----------------------


Please refund our deposit promptly!

santa.zzz


Posted: 12:43 pm ET 15/Apr/2005

----------------------


We need to see some results this week or we're going to select another provider to complete it.


Thanks.

santa.zzz


Posted: 12:15 pm ET 30/Mar/2005

----------------------


Hello,


We have not received a link where we could review work in progress.


As of now we are falling behind on the deadlines. We would like to move more aggressively on this project, please. We'd like to have it complete in the next couple of weeks. Please let us know if this is not possible.

Regards.

santa.zzz


Posted: 12:59 pm ET 28/Mar/2005

----------------------


We're starting to get a bit nervous about this project. It's been two weeks and all we've gotten just promisses. It is time to get to work! Please contact us right away so that we could get the ball rolling.

santa.zzz

----------------------



I've uploaded a PDF that gives a little insight on the database structure we need to consider in this project.


Page 1 lays out the basic modules.


The following pages are just examples of what relationships could be. Please take a look.


Best regards.

santa.zzz


Posted: 03:28 pm ET 10/Mar/2005

----------------------


Let's circle back sometime today to check where we are in the process.

Thanks.

santa.zzz


Posted: 01:41 pm ET 10/Mar/2005

----------------------


Did I understand you guys are going to send some sort of a plan for the project? I am sure you already have a process in place and do not want to mess its flow with sending you my requests.


I also realize that you guys preffer email as a mean of communication. I feel more comfortable to using this board since I'm often on a go and would like to keep all project related communications in the same place, if you guys don't mind. If it is a problem for you, feel free to let me know and I'll work something out.


Thanks. Looking forward working with your team on this project and hopefully many others.

santa.zzz


Posted: 07:09 pm ET 07/Mar/2005

----------------------


Dear Sir


Thanks for selecting our bid for this budget, Can we meet on chat now ?


Thanks and regards

petermor


Posted: 03:51 pm ET 04/Mar/2005

----------------------


It's great. I'm selecting your team.

santa.zzz


Posted: 03:45 pm ET 04/Mar/2005

----------------------


Yes Sir

We have the process in place, I myself am a project manager and would finalise the specs before giving it to programmers.

Thanks and regards

petermor


Posted: 02:36 pm ET 04/Mar/2005

----------------------


Peter,


Thanks for the confidence in this project. We are narrowing down or search and maybe able to make our decision prior then the date posted. I believe I mentioned earlier, but would like to repeat that time, although precious, am not as important as laying solid foundation to the architecture of the project. It probably will take time to bounce a few ideas back and forth before writing a single line of code.


Does your company have a process in place where you work with the client to iron out all the specs before passing it on to developers?
Thanks.

santa.zzz


Posted: 02:24 pm ET 04/Mar/2005

----------------------


I can install IM once we start the work on the project. Now this PMB helps me organize my thoughts better.

But I agree it's a good idea.

Thanks.

santa.zzz


Posted: 05:53 pm ET 03/Mar/2005

----------------------


Dear Sir


Thanks for providing more detials, We are 24 hrs working company from India. Our maximum respond time is 2 hrs via email and Elance Private Message board. For faster communication Can we have online discussion via IM tools like AIM, ICQ, MSN and Yahoo Messanger or Phone ?


Thanks and Regards

petermor


Posted: 05:30 pm ET 03/Mar/2005

----------------------


Thank you for your prompt response.

I reviewed your feedback left by other members and was very impressed. Since I only posted the project just couple of hours ago, I'll let it sit just a bit longer.

I noticed a feedback where you customized Miva Merchant. This is a big bonus point for us. We would like to be able to process subscriptions manually as well as offer an opportunity for subscribers to do it by utilizing our Miva Merchant. Do you think it will be possible?

I do not wish to take much of you time at this point. I just would like to say that time is not an issue. We just need to get it done right.

For now I'll move your bid on our Shortlist. I'll discuss a few details with my partner tomorrow.

Best regards.

santa.zzz


Posted: 05:26 pm ET 03/Mar/2005

----------------------


Dear Sir

Here are few credentials for your reference, whom you can call and learn more about our expertise and professionalism

Greg Henderson

Can U Top It llc.

3130 Southeast Gran Parkway

Stuart Florida 34997

gshenderson1@adelphia.net

www.cutillc.com

Toll free: 1-888-419-0280



Mr David Williams

Hero Consulting

www.hero.com

dave@hero.com



Mr Kenneth A Hirsch

Withers-Hirsch Diversified

ken@withers-hirsch.com



Mike Lawson

Publisher/President

ArtistPro Publishing

www.artistpro.com

mike@artistpro.com



If required, We can provide you the phone numbers as well

Should you have any further questions, Please feel free to contact us


Thanks and Regards

petermor


Posted: 03:58 pm ET 03/Mar/2005

1 Comments:

  • Wow, can't believe I'm finding my name in all this. Naveen or whomever he really is, and the people who did the work for him actually did me right, which is why I was happy to let him use my name (Mike Lawson - ArtistPro.com) as a reference. I'm sorry you had problems, I had no idea this crap was floating around the web. In 2003 when the work was done they did it on schedule, for a great price and were easy to work with. I was actually very, very happy with what hey did and had I not found all of this stuff (and if he were still working through eLance) I would have been glad to give them more work. - Mike Lawson (formerly of ArtistPro Publishing)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home